PENGARUH MOTIVASI KERJA DAN KOMUNIKASI INTERPERSONAL TERHADAP KEPUASAN KERJA KARYAWAN HOTEL GRAND ANTARES INDONESIA

  • Ivan Benedict Tambunan Universitas Darma Agung
  • Rita Margaretha Universitas Darma Agung
  • Dearlina Sinaga Universitas Darma Agung

Abstract

The role of employees to attract customers to travel is dependent on the readiness of employees to complete their work. The company seeks to improve employee morale by providing high job satisfaction. This study aims to determine the effect of work motivation and interpersonal communication partially and simultaneously on the job satisfaction of Grand Antares Hotel Indonesia employees. The population of this study amounted to 152 employees. To determine the number of samples used Slovin formula, obtained as many as 60 people. Data collection techniques in this study were questionnaires and documentation studies. While the data analysis technique used is the classic assumption test, multiple regression, t test, F test and coefficient of determination. The results showed that the work motivation variable had a positive and significant effect on the job satisfaction of Grand Antares Hotel Indonesia employees. This can be seen from the significance test using t test statistics where tcount> ttable is obtained, which is 6.616> 2.002. Interpersonal communication variables have a positive and significant effect on employee satisfaction at Grand Antares Hotel Indonesia. This can be seen from the significance test where tcount> t table, which is 7.591> 2.002. Variable work motivation and interpersonal communication simultaneously have a significant effect on employee job satisfaction. The determination coefficient of 91.50% variation in job satisfaction can be explained by variables of work motivation and interpersonal communication simultaneously, while the remaining 8.50% is explained by other factors, such as leadership, competence and other factors not explained in the research model this. It is recommended that the hotel leaders provide bonuses that are in accordance with the work performance of employees, and apply sanctions firmly to all employees who commit violations. Hotel leaders need to create a good working relationship atmosphere among employees, so that fellow employees can work together to support each other and have good intentions with each other. Further research is carried out by other researchers to find out other factors that influence employee job satisfaction, such as leadership style and employee competency.

Published
Aug 10, 2019
How to Cite
TAMBUNAN, Ivan Benedict; MARGARETHA, Rita; SINAGA, Dearlina. PENGARUH MOTIVASI KERJA DAN KOMUNIKASI INTERPERSONAL TERHADAP KEPUASAN KERJA KARYAWAN HOTEL GRAND ANTARES INDONESIA. JURNAL PROINTEGRITA, [S.l.], v. 2, n. 2, p. 269-287, aug. 2019. ISSN 2655-8971. Available at: <http://jurnal.darmaagung.ac.id/index.php/jurnalprointegrita/article/view/295>. Date accessed: 03 dec. 2020.
Section
Articles